ABOUT RENEW WAGGA
Eastern Riverina Arts’ RENEW Wagga project will breathe life into vacant city buildings and unlock new opportunities for creative people in Wagga Wagga. We will increase foot traffic, promote local creative industries, and showcase our empty spaces to potential lease holders.
Using the proven Renew Australia framework, we will facilitate short term usage of empty CBD spaces by artists and creative entrepreneurs. This will make the CBD more vibrant and profitable, and give local businesses a leg up. Its a boost to the economy and a win for our community.
We love where we live, and we know you do too. Come and join the fun.
f. Stop Workshop & The Little Yellow House Studio & Gallery are now open at 43 Tompson Street, Wagga & Middlemost (with The Shy Fox Pop Up) are at 45 Tompson Street.
ROUND 2 CLOSES 24 SEPTEMBER 2021 @ 5PM
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
CALLING ALL CREATIVES, ENTREPRENEURS & CHANGE MAKERS
This project is for:
- Those who make or create their own wares or intellectual property (eg photographs, designs)
- Not for profit, social enterprises or community groups generating creative wares, Intellectual Property
- Out of the box ideas, with big energy. Ideas that compliment, and not compete with businesses already thriving in our CBD.
- Those who, with our support, are ready to build a sustainable creative business in Wagga Wagga’s CBD
If you have a BIG idea, pitch it to us! We can facilitate professional development opportunities, training and support, and you get to road test your idea within a safe and supported framework with minimum risk.
Some examples of successful Renew Projects across Australia include:
THE VISUAL ECONOMY: Helping fashion, beauty and lifestyle brands grow their revenue by using video commercial campaigns to generate leads and sales.
HOUSE HOUSE STUDIO: a videogame company from Melbourne developeda game called Untitled Goose Game, which won Australian Game of the Year and Best Sound Design at the Australian Game Developer Awards, and has received extensive international reviews and media coverage.
If you have an empty shopfront, space or vacant building that you’d like to see brought to life by a local creative entrepreneur, please call ERA’s Creative Business Officer Claire Harris on 0405 061 341 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat through what’s in it for you.
Diversify your leasing strategy with RENEW Wagga, and help us make the precinct more vibrant, viable and attractive to potential tenants.
Here’s how it works:
- No money is exchanged, and participants are on a 30-day rolling licence agreement. You can end their licence agreement with 30 days’ notice at any time
- The ‘For lease’ or ‘For Sale’ sign stays up, and you continue to promote the property to potential tenants.
- We ensure your licensee carries public liability and broken glass insurance for the property
- Your licensee takes the space as-is, pays for utilities, and dramatically increases the appeal of the property. The door is open and potential tenants can see what can be done with the space.
RENEW Wagga is a project of Eastern Riverina Arts, made possible by the support of the NSW Government through the Stronger Country Communities Fund.
RENEW Wagga is an official Affiliate Program of Renew Australia. We gratefully acknowledge the support and partnership of Wagga Wagga City Council